Goodness it is hard to believe that Liv is celebrating her 11th birthday this year. She is quite an impressive kid balancing school, ballroom dance, student council, piano, and a competitive dance team. For her birthday, Liv got a super fuzzy and warm (those are her words) Aeropostale sweatshirt, pj pants, scripture case, neon shirt, and charging cord fro her ipod touch.
We decided to have a late night party since we don't do sleepover parties. I found a free printable as says-it.com where you can customize the ticket to whatever you like. They made the most adorable invitations. We asked the girls to dress up as their favorite actress or rockstar etc. One of Liv's friends decided to come as Katy Perry. I have to say her mom made her a costume with a cupcake skirt and matching cupcake headpiece. It was awesome!
 |
| Liv opening her gifts from the family |
|
|
|
So for decorations, I made a red carpet with a red string of lights from the the steps to the front door. Olivia and I made a poster for the front door. As you walked into the living room each girl had a yellow star on the walk of fame. Olivia and Isabel created a photo booth background from white wrapping paper. They had a great time creating it.
 |
| Our birthday balloon wreath and front door poster welcoming kids to the party! |
 |
| Red Carpet Entrance |
 |
| Yellow Star Walk of Fame |
 |
| Photo Booth Background |
 |
| The Music Hub - Liv's new Ipod Touch and Silly String for "Crowd Control" |
|
|
|
The photo booth with props was a HUGE success with the girls. Boy did they have fun posing with all the props. I found a lot of free printable photo props via the internet.
 |
| Brr.....it is cold. |
 |
| Rockstar |
 |
| Add caption |
For activities, the kids decorated their own lanyards with VIP or backstage pass etc. They also each had their own autograph books to collect the autographs of their friends throughout the night. Olivia and I made a CD of Olivia's favorite Jammin' Tunes as a party favor. Each girl was then able to decorate the case of their CD.
Our cake was in the form of a microphone found at parenting.com. The girls thought these were fun.
We played a game of freeze dance and then played the lyric game. I had two sets of lyrics for the chorus of two of Liv's favorite songs - You Don't Know Your Beautiful and We're Never Getting Back Together. The girls had to find all the words taped around the house and then put the words in order and sing the chorus to finish.
Overall, I think the party was a success. We fed them dinner and watched a movie and then took everyone home. I hope Liv had a fabulous time!
No comments:
Post a Comment