Monday, October 8, 2012

Salt to Saint

Driving from Salt Lake City to St. George, to me, is sometimes a tedious and somewhat boring drive having to be inside a vehicle for 5 plus hours.  Now think about the length of time it would take to ride your bike that distance.  That is exactly what we did this year in the 2012 Salt to Saint Bike Race.  Team C4 cycling with Marc Stryker, Neil, Gordon Mertens, and Steve Barnes made up the 4 man team who cycled 430 miles in 23 hours and 45 minutes. 

Julie Mertens and I were the "pit crew" driving and helping with the transitions.  I have to admit it was a lot of fun and the guys rode awesome.  They finished 12th overall and fourth in the 4 man team division. 

Oops, I posted one picture twice.  It isn't allowing me to click on the picture and delete it... I suppose that is ok because my nephews are so cute that having their picture two times is  just a nice bonus.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsHuQMCDpE



Team #211 Salt to Saint



Way to go team C4!  So fun to be part of this accomplishment!!!!





1 comment: