Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gettin' Crafty - The Fourth of July


I love love love the Fourth of July.  Hands down it is one of my favorite holidays (perhaps my favorite holiday).  I grew up with a father who taught me respect for our country with his service in scouting and his reverence he always showed the flag.  However, my patriotism increased as we spent time as a military family.  I truly learned that freedom is not free.  Having my husband serve two deployments of one year and another 15 month tour my respect for our heroes (our veterans) and those who gave their lives is profound.

OK back to the craft post; I got carried away with my love of the 4th of July explanation.  For the first craft I combined two different wreath ideas found at http://naptimecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/06/another-patriotic-wreath.html and at http://naptimecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/06/another-patriotic-wreath.html.

Second project came from the site http://poppiesatplay.blogspot.com/.  This was a quick fun craft to do with my silhouette.  I downloaded the free font American donuts for the 1776.

Finally, the picture of the wood flag made from a pallet.  I used wood fencing that blew down in my neighbors yard this fall in the big wind storm that came through our neighborhood. I cut the stars out of vinyl with my silhouette but may try a coat of modge podge on them to ensure they stick a little bit better.

Liv danced in the Kaysville parade with her dance studio.  Can I say the parade was miserable hot.  It felt like we were sitting in a furnace. It was a fun day followed by grilling and then lighting fireworks with neighbors.


Liv with her Dance Parade Outfit

Isabel used trick-or-treat bag for her candy

Bellar did her own make-up and picked out her clothes- she is rocking it!

Bellar's star hair for the 4th.


No comments:

Post a Comment