I know another house post. Liv wants to do a post to show Grandma and Grandpa her room but a few more projects need to be completed first. That darn to-do list isn't getting any shorter. So our family room. This was the room where I thought we would all congregate together. In actuality, we rarely use it and hang out in the living room instead. Not having any television is one of the major factors we don't hang out here. We have a television just not any service - not even "bunny ears." I know primitive but we were so busy remodeling the house we thought television would distract us. Now nearly a year later we still have no television - we READ a lot but that is a whole other post.
The Before: First off, I am not a personal fan of gold anything particularly gold accents. So the decorative glass mirror was moved out into the garage. I am not sure why it is still there since I have no future plans for it. We painted the mantle white to match the railings and then decided to remove the white tile and replace it with the same tile in the kitchen to give the fireplace contrast.
 |
| Removing all those stubborn staples in the floor. |
 |
| This was the best $14.00 tool ever bought! |
|
|
 |
| That white changed the whole mantle - I love ! |
 |
| Tiling around the fireplace. |
 |
| Taped and ready for painting walls |
 |
| Finished mantle - someday we convert to a gas fireplace with new insert. |
|
|
A pop of color is what the living room needed. It seemed muted with the browns and white mantle. Our indecisiveness and much window shopping later we decided we wanted a red leather couch. I have to say it is one of my favorite pieces of furniture we own. When the delivery men brought it over they asked where they could plug it in. I was thinking, "Sir, this is a couch not an appliance." Well, apparently the recliners on the couch operate on a motor under the couch....super cool!
 |
| Our POP of color! |
 |
| The room thus far - furniture placement needs some help. |
|
|
A few more random pictures -
 |
| My cute mom was a huge help. |
 |
| Kids loved painting |
 |
| Picture this gold where the black is - I should have got a before picture but it looked 100% better with just using spray paint. |
No comments:
Post a Comment